User accounts
Register new account
Forgot password
Forum stats
List of members
Search the forums

Advanced search
Recent discussions
- Rougol April 2024 meeting on monday is Anniversary time (News:1)
- WROCC April 2024 meeting o...changes to our phone lines (News:1)
- April developer 'fireside' chat is on saturday night (News:)
- March 2024 News Summary (News:4)
- WROCC Newsletter Volume 41:11 reviewed (News:)
- WROCC March 2024 meeting o... Hughes and Peter Richmond (News:1)
- Rougol March 2024 meeting on monday with Bernard Boase (News:)
- Drag'n'Drop 13i2 edition reviewed (News:)
- South-West Show 2024 talks (News:4)
- February 2024 News Summary (News:1)
Latest postings RSS Feeds
RSS 2.0 | 1.0 | 0.9
Atom 0.3
Misc RDF | CDF

View on Mastodon
@www.iconbar.com@rss-parrot.net
Site Search

Article archives
The Icon Bar: News and features: Get back to BASIC at no cost, by RISC OS FR

Get back to BASIC at no cost, by RISC OS FR
  dfeugey (18:34 17/1/2017)
  nunfetishist (15:17 23/1/2017)
    dfeugey (19:58 23/1/2017)
      nunfetishist (12:23 24/1/2017)
        dfeugey (11:55 8/2/2017)

David Feugey Message #123988, posted by dfeugey at 18:34, 17/1/2017
Get back to BASIC at no cost, by RISC OS FR

We have secured a focused version of the latest Desktop Development Environment from ROOL, specially tailored to programmers wanting to write software for RISC OS in the popular BBC BASIC language.

We offer you to get a free version of the BASIC DDE issue 27, including:
- The BBC BASIC Reference Manual
- Version 4.18 of the new ARMv7/v8 compliant version of the ABC compiler
- A completely revised 82 page ABC operating manual
- User Interface Toolbox and resource editor tools (ResEd, ResTest, ResCreate)
- Various programming tools (SrcEdit, SDCreate, Allocate, CreateSEC)
- The latest version of the !System components

ABC is a tool for compiling BBC BASIC software into native code. It has been used to compile large projects and will improve the speed of your software by around a factor of 5.

This package will be sent to you by e-mail, with a personal serial number. The serial number can also be used to purchase the full featured DDE from ROOL thereafter, with a 10% discount on its price.

Please note: this software is still a commercial product, of which RISC OS FR pay the licence on your behalf. You may not distribute or resell your copy or transfer the licence to anyone else. Please try to limit your requests to one per household.

How to get your copy of BASIC DDE issue 27?
1 / Take one or more screenshots of your RISC OS desktop, without cropping or resizing. Please hide your personal data, if present.
2 / Submit your screenshots by e-mail to basicdde4free@riscos.fr. Your e-mail address will be used to register your copy of the BASIC DDE with ROOL.

The screenshots will be published on the RISC OS FR website, anonymously and in the public domain, so that they can be seen and used by as many people as possible.

Licence stocks are limited - hurry to secure your copy!

Passez au BASIC sans frais, avec RISC OS FR

Nous avons obtenu une version dédiée du dernier Desktop Development Environment de ROOL, spécialement adaptée aux programmeurs voulant écrire des logiciels pour RISC OS en BBC BASIC.

Nous vous proposons d'obtenir une version gratuite de BASIC DDE version 27 comprenant :
- Le manuel de référence BBC BASIC
- La version 4.18 de la nouvelle mouture d'ABC, compatible ARMv7/v8
- Le manuel d'utilisation entièrement révisé d'ABC, de 82 pages
- La Toolbox et des outils d'édition de ressources (ResEd, ResTest, ResCreate)
- Divers outils de programmation (SrcEdit, SDCreate, Allocate, CreateSEC)
- La dernière version des composants !System

ABC est un outil permettant de compiler les logiciels BBC BASIC en code natif. Il a été utilisé pour compiler des projets d'envergure et permettra d'améliorer la vitesse de vos logiciels d'un facteur d'environ 5.

Cet ensemble vous sera envoyé par e-mail, avec un numéro de série personnel. Ce numéro de série pourra également être utilisé pour acheter le DDE complet de ROOL par la suite, avec un rabais de 10% sur son prix.

Remarque : ce logiciel est toujours un produit commercial, dont RISC OS FR paie la licence en votre nom. Vous ne pouvez pas distribuer ou revendre votre copie ou transférer la licence à un tiers. Dans la mesure du possible, veuillez limiter vos demandes à une par foyer.

Comment obtenir votre exemplaire du BASIC DDE version 27 ?
1 / Prenez une ou plusieurs captures d'écran de votre bureau RISC OS, sans recadrage ni redimensionnement. Veuillez masquer vos données personnelles, le cas échéant.
2 / Envoyez vos captures d'écran par e-mail à basicdde4free@riscos.fr. Votre adresse e-mail sera utilisée pour enregistrer votre copie de BASIC DDE auprès de ROOL.

Les captures d'écran seront publiées anonymement et dans le domaine public sur le site web RISC OS FR afin qu'elles puissent être vues et utilisées librement par le plus grand nombre.

Les stocks de licences sont limités - réservez vite la votre !
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Rob Kendrick Message #123989, posted by nunfetishist at 15:17, 23/1/2017, in reply to message #123988
nunfetishist
Today's phish is trout a la creme.

Incidentally, while archive diving for things to try to resurrect I found a copy of !ABC I bought years and years ago, including many more examples (including modules, etc). I wonder if we can track who owns the copyright on these and if they can be shared.

They seem mostly to be written by one Felix Andrew, and timestamped 1998.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

David Feugey Message #123990, posted by dfeugey at 19:58, 23/1/2017, in reply to message #123989
Incidentally, while archive diving for things to try to resurrect I found a copy of !ABC I bought years and years ago, including many more examples (including modules, etc). I wonder if we can track who owns the copyright on these and if they can be shared.

They seem mostly to be written by one Felix Andrew, and timestamped 1998.
The examples? Yes, perhaps. Ask ROOL.

[Edited by dfeugey at 19:59, 23/1/2017]
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Rob Kendrick Message #123992, posted by nunfetishist at 12:23, 24/1/2017, in reply to message #123990
nunfetishist
Today's phish is trout a la creme.

When I said 1998, I meant 1988!
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

David Feugey Message #124026, posted by dfeugey at 11:55, 8/2/2017, in reply to message #123992
20 licenses offered, and still a lot to give...
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

The Icon Bar: News and features: Get back to BASIC at no cost, by RISC OS FR